Joe Hand Promotions, Inc. has filed federal copyright infringement lawsuits alleging illegal viewing of pay per view events such as “Pacquiao v. Thurman” or “Mayweather v. McGregor”.
Your first notice of the lawsuit will probably be a letter from an attorney hired by Joe Hand Promotions, Inc. or being served a summons and lawsuit complaint.
We’re an experienced copyright infringement law firm and we represent cases nationwide.
Want to Talk to Antonelli Law For Free About Your Questions Right Away? Start Here:
Why Hire a Specialist Copyright Infringement Defense Law Firm?
Antonelli Law will:
- Reduce your anxiety about the problem
- Give clear, up to date information to help you decide what to do
- Be responsive and accessible via phone and email
- Help you resolve this problem: some cases are resolved out of court for a flat legal fee.
- Help you fight it: We are tenacious and effective lawyers in lawsuit litigation
More about your Joe Hand Promotions, Inc. letter and summons:
Why have I received this?
The letter from an attorney hired by Joe Hand Promotions, Inc., or your summons and lawsuit complaint relate to a federal copyright infringement lawsuit alleging that your commercial venue (such as a restaurant or bar) illegally streamed a pay per view event such as “Pacquiao v. Thurman” or “Mayweather v. McGregor,” usually by using a non-commercial (i.e. residential) satellite subscription, a pirate/black box, or a satellite subscription hack.
Is it real?
Yes, and ignoring it will reduce your options to fight it. If you are contacted by the pay per view company’s attorney prior to receiving a summons, we can help you try to resolve your case out of court. Settling out of court can be less expensive.
What proof do they have?
From what we’ve seen in previous cases, an investigator hired by the company personally visits the bar or restaurant to observe and/or videotape the alleged illegal broadcasting of the pay per view event. That leads to the filing of the complaint, which typically includes documentation of what they witnessed that night, as well as screenshots of the pay per view fight.
Can I get out of it?
Once you’ve received a letter from an attorney or have been served a summons and lawsuit complaint, there are a couple options available:
- Resolve outside of court if you have not received a summons and lawsuit complaint.
- Prepare to fight it in court. We are experienced litigators who fight back vigorously.
Fewer options will be available to you the longer you wait. We’ve helped nearly 3,000 clients across the US resolve their cases and can help you figure out the best course of action for you.
How much will it cost?
- Some cases are resolved out of court. We can offer a flat fee for a settlement out of court as long as you have not been served with a summons and complaint.
- Once you have a summons and complaint, you must take your case to court. However, we may still be able to offer a flat fee for clients who have received a summons for a set amount of work that may resolve the case.
- Want to fight it? For cases that require a full-on legal defense, we will charge an hourly rate and will walk you through what to expect during our free consultation.
If you decide to ignore the summons and complaint you may get a default judgment against you. In the past, we’ve seen default judgments in the area of $15-$20,000. With our knowledge and experience in these types of cases, we can typically help protect businesses and can often negotiate lower settlements on your behalf.
We can explain what you can expect in legal fees once we know more about your individual case, whether it’s a flat fee or an hourly rate for defense in court.
What do I do now?
- Schedule a free consultation. The best thing to do is to speak to an experienced copyright defense attorney as this is a swiftly changing area of law and we continually follow the latest developments. We understand the technology so are able to better defend you.
- Don’t sign anything without your own legal representation.
- Decide how you want to handle it.
- Our consultations are free and we work nationwide.
If you’ve received a letter from an attorney representing Joe Hand Promotions, Inc. or were served a summons, don’t panic. We will help you solve this.
Learn the facts and speak for free, confidentially, with our experienced attorneys at 312-201-8310 or click here.
Want to know more about Antonelli Law or your summons?
An Overview of Copyright Infringement Cases
Who is Joe Hand Promotions, Inc. and What Are These Lawsuits About?
Joe Hand Promotions, Inc. is accusing defendants of copyright infringement, typically by using non-commercial satellite subscriptions in a commercial venue, satellite subscription hacks, or through old-fashioned pirate/black boxes to obtain pay per view events such as “Pacquiao v. Thurman” or “Mayweather v. McGregor” without paying the appropriate commercial subscription or license fees.
Many of these cases allegedly involve business owners streaming the pay per view event in their bar or restaurant using a residential subscription instead of a commercial subscription, knowingly and unknowingly. Other cases involve the defendant having used a pirate/black box to obtain the film. No matter the circumstances, we can help guide you through your lawsuit.
Our Nationwide Experience With Copyright Lawsuits
Since 2011 we’ve been defending people targeted in copyright infringement lawsuits and have helped nearly 3,000 clients nationwide. We have a great deal of insight into what works and what is a waste of your time and money.
We have no desire to have you spin your wheels with legal work that does not advance your defense and only racks up lawyer fees. However, we are experienced litigators and are prepared to defend our clients vigorously. Either way, we will never put our interests ahead of your own.
We are headquartered in Illinois and have local counsel from coast to coast to help us efficiently and effectively settle and fight lawsuits in your state.
If you have received a letter from an attorney or a summons and lawsuit complaint, we can help.
We understand the shock you may be feeling from receiving a notice of this action and have the experience to help you deal with this in the best way possible for you.
For immediate advice and a free initial consultation call attorney Jeffrey Antonelli at 312-201-8310, fill out our simple contact page, or email us with a request to call you back at a time that is convenient for you. Attorney referrals accepted.
Hiring Antonelli Law Is No More Expensive than Hiring a Local Attorney in Your State
Antonelli Law’s numerous federal court admissions, local counsel affiliations, and the nature of federal lawsuits allow us to effectively and cost-consciously represent you in your copyright infringement defense, no matter which state you live in – and no more expensively than a local attorney.
We are able to represent you in your federal case without being more expensive or more difficult to hire than hiring a local attorney because federal courts require attorneys to file their papers electronically, and often conduct hearings by telephone. This makes frequent trips to the courthouse unnecessary. Also, we do not charge for airline flights or flying travel charges. Clients pay only for the normal travel time to the courthouse any local attorney would charge.
Finally, we have affiliated local counsel in a number of states who can appear in court on an expedited basis when necessary. We will, of course, be in court personally when necessary such as non-routine hearings or a trial.
Recent Press on Antonelli Law and Copyright Infringement Cases
- “Why Are So Many People In Northern Illinois Being Sued For Downloading Porn?” Miles Bryan NPR/WBEZ quoting Jeffrey Antonelli
- “Porn Infringement Battles Keeps the Action Going for Both Sides” Anandashankar Mazumdar and Tommy Shen BNA Bloomberg
- “Movie Studio Targets Consumers For Illegal Downloads”
Chicago NBC 5 television interview of Jeffrey Antonelli
- Why It’s Getting Harder to Sue Illegal Movie Downloaders MotherJones, quoting Jeffrey Antonelli
Our Legal Services
We offer a reasonable Flat Fee for clients who have yet to receive a summons, helping you avoid court fees, and reasonable fees for defending you if you have received a summons are named as a defendant in a copyright infringement lawsuit.
We handle federal cases nationwide.
Selected severe financial hardship cases are handled on a reduced or pro bono basis.
Antonelli Law Ltd. provides advice based on years of solid litigation experience representing consumers and businesses, and concentrates on representing people accused of copyright infringement.
Joe Hand Promotions, Inc., Cases Filed: